Development Authority Nagaland (DAN)
Development Authority Nagaland was constituted by the Government in 1976 vide Notification NO.GEN/TCP/49/76 dated 27.10.1976 under section 12 of the Nagaland Town and Country Planning Act of 1966 and under Rules 3A of the Nagaland Town and Country Planning Rules, 1976. It has its Headquarter in Dimapur since 1978.
The jurisdiction of Development Authority covers the whole of the State of Nagaland and is under the overall control of Urban Development. It is a Statutory Planning & Development body for the State of Nagaland and as per the provision of the Act, it has the power to acquire and develop land and also undertake any other remunerative projects and function as a self -financing body.
The Functions of Development Authority is to undertake the
1. Implementation of the Master Plan for various Urban areas in the state
2. Implement the housing schemes for Low Income Group and Middle Income Group.
3. Implement Integrated Land Development Schemes
4. Construction of basic infrastructure like Hotels, cinema halls and development of other urban infrastructure and
5. To promote and enforce building bye-laws for selected towns in the State.
Development Authority Nagaland is governed by a board who is the sole Authority in policy making and comprises of the following members
1. Hon’ble MLA/ Government Appointee : Chairman
2. Commissioner & Secretary, Urban Development : Vice -Chairman
3. Finance Commissioner : Member
4. Secretary, Law & Justice : Member
5. Director, Urban Development : Member
6. Deputy Commissioner, Dimapur : Member
7. CEO, Dimapur Municipal Council : Member
8. Secretary, DAN : Member Secretary
Naga Shopping Arcade:
The Naga shopping Arcade (NSA) under the possession of Development Authority Nagaland (DAN) is the largest commercial space at Dimapur. It is located in the heart of Dimapur town with close proximity to railway stations and other main commercial areas.. The total area under DAN is 35.03 acres.
The present Commercial Complex that occupies the front portion of the land was constructed in 3 phases. The 1st Phase was completed 1985 while the 2nd & 3rd phase were completed in 1994.
There are approximately about 600 nos of shops of different types and sizes in the NSA Complex housing Government/ Private offices, Banks, Show rooms, Shops, Hotels/ Restaurants, etc.
Over the years, DAN has undertaken major infrastructure projects and have expanded its activities not only within the State but also the neighboring States like Assam and Meghalaya.